Sunday, April 17, 2011

Recipe of the month: Cinnamon Pancakes with Fresh Fruit



I love pancakes and I love fresh fruit. Combine them together and you can never go wrong. Pancakes are delightfully versatile in that you can combine them with a variety of sweet or savoury ingredients and they taste great. The best part about pancakes is how easy they are to make. I am sure there are hundreds of different recipes for pancakes out there but I always stick to this particular one. I have slightly modified the recipe to suit my taste. I make sure to measure my ingredients each time so the pancakes turn out consistently good.


Cinnamon Pancakes with Fresh Fruit

Preparation time: 15 min 
Cooking time: 2-4 min per pancake
Serves: 2-4
Recipe category: Breakfast/Western
Recipe level: Very easy


Ingredients:
1 and a half cups plain/all-purpose flour
1 and a half cups milk
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp melted butter/vegetable oil

For serving:
Chopped fresh fruit (bananas or strawberries)
Maple syrup
Icing sugar for dusting (optional)

Method:
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, sugar, and salt. 
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and 1 1/2 cups of milk; add to flour mixture and stir until smooth. 
3. Blend in the melted butter or oil. 
4. Add the vanilla essence and cinnamon powder. 
5. Spread 1/4 cup of batter on a hot griddle. Cook until bubbly, a little dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom; turn and brown the other side. 
6. Serve with chopped fresh fruits and drizzle with maple syrup. If desired, lightly dust with icing sugar and cinnamon powder.


Cheers,
Megha


1 comment:

  1. there shud be a 'like' button for all these! looks delicious! slllurrrpppp!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of this post? You can leave a message to let me know. Thanks!

Please note that I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem inappropriate, offensive, spam or self-advertising. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...